Prairie Energy Cooperative is headquartered in Clarion, Iowa. We are a member-owned, non-profit electric cooperative serving an eleven county area in north-central Iowa. Our power is supplied by Corn Belt Power Cooperative in Humboldt, Iowa and Basin Electric Power, Bismarck, ND. The cooperative is governed by a seven-member board of directors.
Our Mission: To provide leadership, solutions and service to enrich quality of life in our community.
Our Values: Prairie Energy shares the same values as the Seven Principles of Cooperatives along with the Touchstone Energy Values.
Seven Principles of Cooperatives
- Voluntary and open membership without discrimination
- Democratic member control
- Member's economic participation
- Cooperative autonomy and independence
- Member education, training and information to the general public
- Cooperation among cooperatives
- Concern for community
Touchstone Energy Values
- Commitment to Community
2099 Highway 3, PO Box 353
Clarion, Iowa 50525-0353
515-532-2805 or 1-800-728-0013